I met my daughter’s new teacher today. And in one minute I knew it was going to be a good year.
It made me think, what makes people like you immediately?
In my effort to help you be more engaging, here are 5 simple tips. Do you do them all? What would you add to the list?
1) Smile! – An evolutionary sign of good intent. It immediately lets barriers down.
2) Focus on their interests – ask them about things that interest them most. Open your heart to authentically like them. People like people who like them!
3) Listen – be present to the person in front of you such that they feel like they are the only one in the room.
4) Be positive – nobody wants to be around a negative Nelly!
5) Stand/sit up straight – proper posture says a lot about your confidence and attitude. Your body speaks louder than your words.
And then relax and enjoy your new connection. You will be awesome!