This great (& funny!) TED talk could be the best 12 min of your day!
Shawn Achor has done research linking perspective, happiness and success. He teaches us 5 simple things to do each day for 21 days to train our brains to become positive in the present so our brains work better and we are happier!
- 90% “of our happiness” is determined by how we view the world ‘internally’.
- The lens through which your brain views the world shapes your reality.and if we can change the lens not only can we change your happiness but business outcomes as well.
- 90% of long term happiness not predicted by external world but how your brain processes it.
- 25% of job success predicted by IQ.
- 75% job successespredicted by optimism, social support, ability to see stress as a challenge instead of as a threat
- Reverse the formula for happiness and success.
- Old formula “Work harder = more success = more happiness”.
- New formula “increase positivity = better performance, intelligence, creativity, energy, business outcomes,
- 31% more productive when positive in the present.